Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Project 2: 3D Vignettes


        This video is a technical practice of stop motion animation. Materials include 3D model for the dog house and white clay for the puppy. The background was built with a green hand towel and a piece of painted paper. In this short story, I tried to mimic a puppy's motion in real life. I think the sounds are successfully corresponded to the actions. Overall, the video achieves the technical effects that I want to make, but the part I think it lacks for is to create a conversation to the audiences.
        The green screen method was applied to make the clouds float on the sky. Before creating this 3D vignettes project, I made a green screen video as a practice.

        The green screen video questions the overuse on touchscreen device. It is more common now that people use smartphone or tablet to record everything instead of just seeing through their own eyes. So I want to emphasize this problem in this video exercise. The absent of sea lions represents seeing things through a lifeless medium.
        I lost the files of original footages, but the background footage was filmed in San Francisco during my spring break.Then I filmed the the front footage with my hands moving across the screen and combined the two footages together. The sound of sea lion was originally from Newport, Oregon. It was also filmed during my spring break.

The barking from sea lions

Sea lions in Newport, Oregon

The photograph of the site where my background footage was filmed

No comments:

Post a Comment