Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Project 3: Curatorting

        My curatorial practice was about the contrast of nature and human technology. The color was chosen as brown because I thought it was the most abundant color (soil, woods, leaves, and hair/fur pigments) presenting in nature. The disc which built with wrong file was recycled to become the background of the patterns. The theme of one side was about plants. Because I wanted to be simple, I only made the composition with leaves and seeds. The other side was a deer with a pairs of giant antlers. The deer idea was inspired by the character, a deer-like god who protects nature from human beings, from a Ghibli movie named Princess Mononoke.
      We also were required to have a monochrome done by someone else. So here was my friend's sketch. I didn't have any special reason why I chose her to be my plus one. It was only because I went to the same high school with her and she has been really talented in drawing since then. 
      The show run well in my opinion. There were more people than I expected. Even though it was hold in the tiny gallery because we didn't collect many works, it turned out it was a successful show.
The pic of the curatorial show.
My work was the one shown at the right corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment